Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Victoria Park

Victoria park is located in Turo about an hour and a half drive east of Parrsboro. This town of less than 10,000 people has a park in the middle of town of 1,000 acres. Not only is it bigger than New York's Central Park, but much prettier, and much safer. Even the dogs we encountered were polite.

While De Anne changed her shoes and checked out the facilities I studied the map on display in the parking lot and noted one long trail with a warning about how steep and rugged it was. Good information! I determined our path which did not include the aforementioned evil trail. 

An hour later I let my attention slip and before I realized my error De Anne was nonchalantly climbing a steep trail with me gasping along behind her. Returning to the civilized part of the park I found a bench on which to recover and enjoy a waterfall.

Several of the more refined paths in the park have rough stairs for an easier way to traverse the steep hills.


No comments:

Post a Comment