Saturday, June 8, 2013

Day of rest

Several days of touring caused me to declare a strike. I refused to leave the villa on Friday. In the beautiful villa with beautiful vistas over the bay of Naples I did not think it a hardship situation.

De Anne with her feet in the pool:

De Anne allowed me to call the shots yesterday, but this morning she announced she was headed to Sorrento. A bit of whining on my part and she allowed me to tag along. We walked the waterfront, then  got semi-lost in some ancient winding paths.

We knew we were back in the modern section when we spotted a pizza vending machine.

We had the choice of a 1:30pm or 2:30pm bus back to the villa. We chose the 1:30pm bus and that turned out to be a great decision because the villa chef was just making fried zucchini blossoms stuffed with mozzarella and prosciutto for afternoon snack. It is hard to imagine life better.




No comments:

Post a Comment