Saturday, July 2, 2011

Side roads

I understand folks might be skeptical of my hiking abilities, and it is true that next to my long-legged wife I am woefully deficient; however, I can on occasion walk a couple miles with her - as long as she maintains a slow pace. As prove thereof I offer the following pictures of our morning stroll:

(Click on any picture to enlarge)

We started by crossing the bridge a couple blocks from the center of town.


A little ways out of town is a development like so many we saw in Florida. Looks good but no houses.


The next bridge 2 miles up the road is out, but still in use. While we were there a man in a small van with lots of kids aboard asked my help. I guided him across with hand signals. With one tire against the curb the other tire was one inch from the hole. We soon left because De Anne did not like the responsibility and did not want to be there when a load of people went 30 feet over the edge into the river.


Back to civilization! I'm winded but she has not broken a sweat!

No comments:

Post a Comment