Thursday, August 8, 2013

Afternoon in Barcelona

De Anne left the afternoon planning up to me. I studied all the options and carefully selected the Castle of Montjuic on top of the highest hill in Barcelona. My reason was simple - the least walking. The nearest subway took us to a station where a funicular took us half-way up the mountain. 

De Anne said we could walk the rest of the way. I did walk. Right over to the cable car ticket booth. Over her cries of poverty I frittered away €10.50. 

On the way up.
The castle was so magnificent and the view so spectacular that I was forgiven.
The moat probably didn't look like this in the 1800's.
It was quite a huge terrace on top. That is De Anne in the white shirt to the right of the tree tops.
our train ride back to Tarragona was not eventful. The best kind.




No comments:

Post a Comment