Saturday, August 24, 2013

Slowing down the pace

Over the past few days we have instituted a slower life style. A morning walk, an occasional walk to the market, the afternoon siesta, a beach visit, then a short stroll after dinner.

It was pleasant to explore some yet undiscovered (by us) streets in old town without the accompanying  hordes of last week. 

This is a flat concrete wall. every inch is art work. A fragment section of the Roman circus to the right.
The flag is the Catalonia independence flag.

We have found a favorite dinner spot. Alas, one recommended by an old friend was closed; however, an oriental buffet with a Spanish twist was great. One must exercise care in product selection. What looked to be onion rings was really fried calamari. The rings were so big I could put my hand through one. I thought I was being brave when I picked up a couple tooth picked bacon wraps not being able to see what was inside. Surprise! It was just tightly wrapped, thick sliced, bacon. I got a raw ribeye, had it grilled, and got more bacon. First steak I have had in two months. De Anne was boring - she ate healthy. Like one grilled shrimp (OK, it was a really big one) and artichokes. 

It has an extensive sushi bar and every seafood imaginable. Whole raw fish are also available. Fill a plate and take it to the wok or grill for the chef to cook to order, then visit the sauces bar. Repeat as often as possible, then waddle home.
I don't know what some of these things are, but a couple looked disgusting. Then they brought out the platter of whole octopus. I swear a few were still moving.





No comments:

Post a Comment